From the travel-sharing company Zipcar in 2000, to Airbnb (for accommodation), Uber (for going out), Task rabbit (for skill sharing) and Lending club, there are more than tens of thousands of sharing economy companies worldwide. They are influencing the way people live and consume in various industries. The sharing economy model is permeating our ideas and lives in a profound way. The sharing economic model in sports industry has started up, like the gymnasium, fitness equipment and sports training under sharing management, as well as analysis on the nine key areas of global sharing economy and the operating mode of their representative companies, with a view to bringing inspiration to the sports industry.
Core idea of sharing economy
Innovation and entrepreneurship in countless fields all over the world stem from the core idea of sharing economy:
1. Emphasize the right to use, dilute the proprietorship, “to use” is more valuable than “to own”;
2. Vague marginalization of producers and consumers of goods or services, with the emergence of Prosumer;
3. From B2C business in the past to C2C services;
4. The sharing platform provides certification information about the supply and demand parties, and the matching, evaluation, trading and customer service functions, but doesn't provide goods or services themselves;
5. Change in organization structure and employment relationship, more in the form of "business partners", no employment relationship.
Nine key areas of sharing economy and their inspiration on sports industry
1. Sharing travel (motor homes and camps may be developed for sports tourism)
2. Sharing space (stadium operation)
3. Sharing fund value (sports financial company)
4. Sharing knowledge/education (network sports training)
5. Sharing diet (sports nutrition)
6. Sharing medicine/health (face to face training in sports)
7. Sharing items (sporting goods transactions)
8. Sharing public resources (public sports service)
9. Sharing skills/services (sparring, ball game appointment)
The sharing economy model has become ubiquitous, and its application in the field of sports industry will also become increasingly common.